Wednesday, August 24

ON MY SHELF: HOT DOG TASTE TEST


Welcome to a new series my many readers (a.k.a. my mother). The ‘On My Shelf’ tag will consist of me nattering on about pretty pages and bitchin’ books (see what I did there?). So whenever my eyes land on a beautifully executed read, I shall showcase it here! First off, it’s Lisa Hanawalt’s ‘Hot Dog Taste Test’.




Lisa is the master behind all things comedy and colorful illustration. She is the designer and co-producer of Netflix’s first animated series BoJack Horseman and has written and illustrated two books – one being Hot Dog Taste Test that we see right here!

I first laid my precious eyes on Lisa’s illustrations back in spring 2015. She had a comic in Lucky Peach magazine and from then on Instagram has given me my fix. Her animal meets human doodles are killer, along with her hilarious scribbled out slogans for big name brands.

Hot Dog Taste Test first emerged in spring this year and I have been dying to get my hands on it since literally everyone was on about it. A few weeks back I was at the Tate in London browsing their bookstore and there is was, like a beacon, the book was waiting for me. I purchased it straight away and read it as soon as I got home. It is filled with sentences that don’t make much sense, doodles of strange foods and advice about public toilets – it is incredible. I will show you some of my favorite pages below and let you see for yourself, because this book brings a smile to my face and so I shall let it bring one to yours.
























Hot Dog Taste Test is available to buy on Amazon for a yummy £15 (Click here)




No comments:

Post a Comment