Monday, July 11

HAIR ON FIRE

I like fire, it’s pretty badass don’t you think? All the cool chicks in the films with the explosions in the background, who doesn’t want that boss appeal? Always wanting to come across ‘ard I decided to make this happen. Using products that altogether cost me around £15, I think I’ve done a pretty good job. Scared of doing it yourself? No fear friends. I in the past have had some MAJOR hair faux-pas, but we can rise from the ashes with our fiery locks.




YOU WILL NEED:

- L’Oreal Casting Crème Gloss in “Plum” (£5)
- Bblonde Blonding Kit (£6)
- Bleach London Super Cool Colour in “Tangerine Dream” (£5)
- An old towel
- An old top
- Colour care shampoo
- Hairbrush
- Fine toothed comb
- Timer (Phone clock will do)



This is the most straightforward step so we start of easy, huzzah! Change into your old top that you don’t mind ruining and wet your hair. Mix together the L’Oreal Castings as the instructions state and wrap a towel around your shoulders (so your dad wont yell at you for getting it on the carpet). There are two methods depending on if you have died your hair before or not, so read the packet properly! As I have been a red head for a while now, no matter the hair color I apply, my red will always show through, so I leave my color on for usually 5 more minutes. I also don’t drag the color all the way to the tips; I try to leave these free of the color so it won’t interfere too much when I bleach them in stage two. Rinse out with shampoo and condition.


This is where the fun begins! After you have dried your hair from stage one it’s time to mix the bleach. Open all the windows as this stuff STINKS! Mix the bleach as the instructions state and comb your hair through. Using the brush (supplied) get a decent amount and blob it on the tips, then using your fingers run it through the ends. I find halfway through I forget about the brush all together and just wack it on. As I watch it develop I keep my eye on harsh lines that haven’t been blended properly, applying the bleach where needed. Using a fine toothed comb I go through the ends making sure it’s all in there, then once again blend with my fingers. For my hair I have to leave the bleach on for around 30 – 40 minutes, but everyone’s hair is different so really keep an eye on it! Wash out and shampoo.




We’ve made it! The big reveal is near. Let’s dream of those tangerines. On towel dried hair I pop some of Bleach London’s product into my hands and literally smush it where the bleach has lightened my hair. There is no method to this – it’s easy peasy, this stuff also smells really nice! I sometimes use a comb in the same way I’ve used it with the bleach, to get it all in there. Once the tips are decently covered I sit and wait for 15 minutes and rinse it out, no shampooing needed. I blow dry my funky new locks and get on with life – except this time, with awesome hair. 





No comments:

Post a Comment