Friday, July 8

THE PAST YEAR

Excuse the Spongebob timecard, I found it funny and wanted to use it. But this is no laughing matter. I have been terrible, awful even; I haven’t been posting at all for about a year. I have an excuse though and a pretty decent one at that. I know you are shaking your head thinking, “Amy, how could you” but it’s true! I’ve been very busy! Now where to begin…




 
 


  • November! Ah what a cold and pretty rubbish month. Alas it was saved; Tanny from Visit Greenland sent me snaps of my book in the beautiful snowy city of Nuuk. I can’t believe they made it! Twenty of the books were shipped across and received on Greenland shores.
  • Cover to cover with Lize Meddings for JAWache Zine, a real privilege to be next to such a fab illustrator.
  • My newspaper “It’s Make Up Time!” was featured by Newspaper Club on their blog, this was awesome and someone’s even bought a copy, pretty neat eh?
  • In our third year of uni we had a little break and headed to the Dutch capital of Amsterdam. It was a brilliant experience and a much needed boost of inspiration for our final year. We saw a plethora of phallic imagery and bikes.
  • I produced another book called “Bitchin’ Bugs”. It was fully risographed which really pushed my print limits. The book has even been featured on a handful of blogs. Spread the buggy word.
  • I got a little job working for a place that makes canvases and other merchandise. One day my boss let me make a mug for free and I grasped this opportunity with both hands.
  • Acrylic paint! Yes, that’s right. Amy Lesko and other materials?! The dream has become reality. I’m terrified of trying new materials as I always seem to flop but I painted a children’s book “Noodle Soup” in acrylic and my tutor was right – it’s lovely.
  • Lesko Lets Go, its time to stick. I ordered 100 vinyl stickers from Awesome Merch and have stuck them in various locations. Some are even in Edinburgh. Don’t call the cops.
  • For a final project in university I decided to make a brand, this brand was called Hoto and aims to bring camera and print together as one. Stay tuned to hear more about this because things are happening!
  • Our degree show, three years of hard work came to an end that night. It was a brilliant occasion and it was interesting to meet other people’s parents (not going to lie it’s the best bit) We drank too much wine and chatted to some important people – pretty good going!
  • Present Day: I motherflippin did it! I’m graduating with a First Class Honours in Graphic Design & Illustration from De Montfort University. It has been the best three years of my life and I have learnt far more than I ever thought I could. I’ve found my calling and it’s been worth every second. I still can’t believe I’ve done it and now I shall combat the future!


There we go a folks, that’s my excuse. Yes it was a pretty decent one; I did say it would be. From now on I’m not going to promise an influx of posts, but I’m going to try my hardest to keep this corner of the Internet active. See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment